This dude has a pound of butter and a half a dozen eggs– not to mention 3 cups of sugar and 4 cups of flour…
What results is a hefty cake with a nice crunchy top and delicate almond flavored middle.
I guess what I am tryin’ to say is that this is a recipe that would make Paula proud!
I found this baby in Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking when GP sent it to me to review a while back.
Place 1 pound of butter ( 4 sticks/2 cups) in your mixer and whip them up… Approximately for 2 minutes.
Gradually add 3 cups of sugar and blend completely.
Approximately 5-7 minutes.
I stopped my mixer a couple times and pushed the butter on the sides down with a spatula to make sure it mixed completely.
Kit appreciated the break 😉
Take out of the oven and cool for a few minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 2 Cups Butter
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 t Almond Extract
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- Whip butter in mixer (approx 2 minutes)
- Gradually add sugar-- mix through
- Gradually add eggs one at a time
- Alternate flour and milk- gradually
- Add extracts
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan
- Bake at 300 for 1 hr and 40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Cool on counter for 10 minutes
- Turn out on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.