This dude has a pound of butter and a half a dozen eggs– not to mention 3 cups of sugar and 4 cups of flour…
What results is a hefty cake with a nice crunchy top and delicate almond flavored middle.
I guess what I am tryin’ to say is that this is a recipe that would make Paula proud!
I found this baby in Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking when GP sent it to me to review a while back.
Place 1 pound of butter ( 4 sticks/2 cups) in your mixer and whip them up… Approximately for 2 minutes.
Gradually add 3 cups of sugar and blend completely.
Approximately 5-7 minutes.
I stopped my mixer a couple times and pushed the butter on the sides down with a spatula to make sure it mixed completely.
Kit appreciated the break 😉
Take out of the oven and cool for a few minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Million Dollar Pound Cake
- 2 Cups Butter
- 3 Cups Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 4 Cups Flour
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 t Almond Extract
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- Whip butter in mixer (approx 2 minutes)
- Gradually add sugar-- mix through
- Gradually add eggs one at a time
- Alternate flour and milk- gradually
- Add extracts
- Pour into a greased 10 inch tube pan
- Bake at 300 for 1 hr and 40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Cool on counter for 10 minutes
- Turn out on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.