I just love the sweet treat I have to share with you today.
Ya see, I was surfing the internets ( ahem… pinterest) for treats for Addie’s preschool class.
I knew her day to bring in treats was coming up and I wanted to do something fun.
I have such fond memories of my mom making cookies, cakes, treats, gingerbread houses, etc. for me and my classmates growing up and I wanted to get our own little tradition off to the right start…
I knew that I needed something super quick, but that could still have that homemade touch, so when I saw this recipe for Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats, I was sold… not to mention totally intrigued!
I originally thought I would just whip up a batch, cut them into rectangles and stick them on a stick.
But when it was 10 PM the night before and after a Sunday full of Church, Lion King at the theater and dinner at a friend’s house… and my sticky rice crispy treats were not ready to be cut just yet… mama got impatient… and creative.
I scavenged the pantry and found ice cream cake cones… and mini M & Ms… and I got EXCITED!
Then I sprinkled it with more sprinkle fun!
All in all, it took me a little under an hour to put these together… and that included all my hemming and hawing in the pantry…
I bet the next time, I could whip up a batch in about 30 minutes.
Cake Batter Rice Crispy Cones
- 3 T Butter
- 10 oz Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup White Cake Mix
- 6 Cups Rice Crispies
- 2 oz Bottle Sprinkles
- 12 Cake Cones
- 12 oz Mini M&Ms
- Place butter and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes
- Stir until smooth
- Add in cake mix and blend completely
- Add in rice crispies 2 cups at a time until coated
- Mix in 1/2 of the sprinkles
- Pour out into a pan or non-stick mat and cool while preparing cones
- Pour candies into each cone
- Roll cooled treats into balls and press on top of each cone.
- Sprinkle each cone with remaining sprinkles