Do you just love stuffing? I sure do. If you are a fan of the yummy side dish, you should check out this Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole found in Gooseberry Patch Cookbook: Everyday Simple Suppers (enter to win a copy).
I can remember stuffing the Turkey with my Aunt Suzy many a Thanksgivings as a little girl. We’d also make an extra dish of it too. It was nothing fancy, just Stove Top, but it was always fantastic.
I loved the smell… and I always wondered how Suzy got her stuffing to taste so good. A few years ago she let me in on her secret…
She always used broth instead of water when she made it.
I have found over the years that using broth in your stuffing also allows you to get away with omitting or reducing the butter if you are trying to cut some fat.
So I used Suzy’s trick in this recipe and loved it!
Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Slow Cooker Chicken Stuffing Casserole
- 2 6 oz Chicken Flavored Stuffing Mix prepared as directed except with broth instead of water
- 2 10 oz Cream of Chicken Soup I used Healthy Request-Divided
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken- Cubed
- Optional: 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Prepare stuffing as directed replacing water with broth.
- Place in a sprayed 5 QT Slow Cooker
- Stir in one can of soup.
- In another bowl, mix milk, chicken and other soup.
- Pour over stuffing.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook on Low for 4-6 Hours
Did you miss these other great recipes from Gooseberry Patch Cookbook: Everyday Simple Suppers:
- Meatball Noodle Bake
- Pita Pizzas
- Tuscan Pork Roast
- Pizza Skillet Bake
- Ham & Cheese Skillet
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Maple Ham & Egg Cups
Stay tuned for more Simple Suppers this week!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.