I recently tweaked some of our favorite recipes to lighten them up.
I have tried and failed (many, MANY times) to make something comparable to our favorite GOODe Bruschetta that while the garlic, avocado and tomatoes make for a nice healthy treat, the liberal use of butter and crusty bread keep it from being guilt-free.
Enter Bagel Thins… Everything flavor. The onion and garlic flavor in these bagels compliment the bruschetta very well.
Toast up these low cal/high fiber bagels and they give you the perfect crunch and chewiness for a great base.
Slice up several small tomatoes, add in some fresh chopped basil and a dash of salt.
Add in one sliced avocado
And the juice from 1/2 of a large lime
And stir in 1 clove of minced garlic
Spoon onto bagels and enjoy!
- 2 Everything Bagel Thins- Toasted
- 1- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado- Chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of Large Lime
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- Salt and Chopped Basil to Taste
- Combine everything in a bowl except bagels.
- Spoon mixture onto toasted bagels.