The other day I whipped up a pan of Refried Bean Burritos after flipping through Gooseberry Patch’s new Simple Shortcut Recipes and finding this yummy recipe…
I was drawn to it because I knew with a few ingredient choices, this meal could easily fit into our family’s efforts to eat better while still serving up a yummy dish.
Start with two cans of refried beans…
Add one package taco seasoning…
And about 8 oz salsa… ChiChis is my all time favorite salsa to cook with… always has been. Totally heart it.
Stir it up and set aside.
Note: The next time I make this I will also add 1 lb browned extra lean ground beef.
Spray a 9 x13 pan with olive oil. (I use an oil mister , but you can use cooking spray if you’d like).
I then took 10 (8 inch) tortillas – ya know, the soft taco size shells and filled them one at a time…
Place a generous amount of the bean mixture on each shell.
Sprinkle a little cheese on top (I used 2 % cheese).
Fold in the sides.
Then line up seam side down.
Now take a jar of Picante Sauce
and pour over the center of each row of burritos
Top with a little more cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Psst… Don’t forget to enter to win your own copy of Simple Shortcut Recipes BEFORE you can buy it in stores!
Refried Bean Burritos
- 2 Cans 16 oz Refried Beans
- 8 oz Salsa
- 1 Envelope Taco Seasoning
- 1 lb Ground Beef- Browned
- 10 8 inch tortillas
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- 16 oz Picante Sauce
- Combine beans, salsa, seasoning and ground beef in a bowl.
- Spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place tortillas one at a time in dish- scooping bean mixture into each one before topping with a little cheese and folding and placing seam side down.
- Once all shells are rolled and placed in dish, pour picante sauce over the centers of each burrito.
- Top with cheese if desired
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
Disclosure: Gooseberry Patch provided me with an advanced copy of Simple Shortcut Recipes. All Amazon links are affiliate links as always.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.