Yes, I can technically say school now that my baby is a school going gal… sniff…
She will be a pro… it is her mother (and her father) that I am worried about… just sayin’
Anyhoo, this recipe can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking.
Psst… I am giving this awesome book away… hurry and enter before it is too late… dun, dun, dunh!
You start out with 2 cups blueberries.
Spoon your fruit into a baking dish.
Now I chose to divide mine up into individual ramekins, for easy breakfast storage throughout the week… just grab a bowl and go!
You could put it all together in a square pan or make it even more fun (and transportable) by baking them up in little mason jars.
Apple & Berry Breakfast Crisp
- 4 Apples Cored and Chopped/Sliced Thinly
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- 2 T Flour
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate- Thawed
- 1 t Cinnamon
- Optional: Yogurt
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar- Packed
- 1/3 Cup Butter- Melted
- 2 T Flour
- Mix together fruit, 2 T Flour, Cinnamon, 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar and OJ
- Pour mixture into baking dish/dishes.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except yogurt) and top fruit with the oat mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Top with yogurt before serving
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.