When I saw Liliana Vernon of Rathdrum, ID’s Zucchini Frittata recipe, I flagged it as something I would like to try, but truth be told, if it weren’t for this “cook every recipe in the cookbook” challenge, I probably wouldn’t have ever got around to it…because I don’t always have these ingredients on hand and it was a little outside of my comfort zone (Read: I have never made a frittata before…).
- 2 Zucchini Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Onion- Chopped
- 2 T Oil
- 6 Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 3 Slices Bread- Cubed
- 1 Tomato- Sliced Thinly
- 8 oz Cream Cheese- Cubed Divided
- Sat and Pepper to Taste
- Saute Zucchini and Onion in oil until tender (salt and pepper to taste) and set aside.
- Beat eggs and half and half in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to eggs except for 2 oz of the cream cheese.
- Fold in Zucchini.
- Take 9 x13 greased pan and dot with remaining cream cheese, then pour eggs over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until set (approx 30-45 minutes).
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.