Does your family enjoy Taco Night? This Taco Bake recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Foolproof Family Recipes is an easy way to switch up your Mexican fiesta. Double or triple the recipe and it is also a fantastic way to serve up a taco salad bar for a crowd!
It is pretty much a Taco Casserole… I just love me a good casserole, don’t you? That could be because most casseroles involve one of my favorite foods– cheese. And cheese makes everything delicious… especially Taco Bake 😉
Serve up this Taco Bake casserole on a bed of lettuce and top with all the fixins that your heart desires!
Us? We love chopped tomatoes, onions, avocado– or our favorite guac, sour cream and/or taco sauce…. oh and a little salsa 😉
I usually half the original recipe for our family dinner, so the recipe below (what I usually make) is easily double or even tripled for a company.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Chili Cheese Corn Chips- to taste
- 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 8 to 12 oz Shredded Mozzarella
- Toppings as desired
- Brown ground beef and prepare as taco meat according to the seasoning package (using water).
- Pour enough fritos into a 9 x9 pan to cover the bottom.
- Top with taco meat.
- Combine soup and milk in a sauce pan and heat through until smooth.
- Top taco meat with cheese sauce.
- Top with cheese (8 oz to 12 oz depending on the level of cheesiness desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over lettuce and with desired topics.
Looking for more recipes to switch up your taco night? Try some of our other fiesta favorites:
- Brown Bag Burritos
- Lunch Freezer Burritos
- Slow Cooker Pork Soft Tacos
- Zippy Shredded Pork
- Cris’ Queso Dip
- Zesty Steak Fajitas
- Cilantro Corn Salad
- Slow Cooker Beefy Taco Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Beefy Frito Taco Salad
Do you have a favorite homemade Mexican dish? Do share!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This post is linked to the Weekend Potluck over on Country Cook!