As I continued on my journey to lose this weight, I have rather enjoyed playing with flavors that add a lot of punch without adding a lot of calories.
So when I saw this recipe for Summer Raspberry Chicken in Meals in Minutes, I knew I wanted to try it!
I have been enjoying fresh raspberries for weeks and I was intrigued to try some in a dish.
You start with 3/4 cup of Honey Dijon Dressing
Add the juice and zest from one lime
Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing/lime into a blender, add 1 cup of fresh raspberries and puree.
Then set aside.
Then take 1 lb of chicken and pound it 1/4 inch thin.
Place the chicken in a bag and marinade in the remaining dressing/lime mixture for 30-45 minutes.
Grill the chicken up, basting with liquid until the last five minutes.
Meanwhile grill up some sweet peppers or a red bell pepper.
And toss a bag of whole green beans in the microwave.
Toss the beans in a bowl and mix in strips of the pepper after you peel off the charred skins.
Add a little bit of salt to taste.
Place the beans on your plate, top with chicken, pour sauce on top and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
Now, when I do this again, I am thinking I might give a balsamic vinaigrette a try instead of the the Honey Dijon… and I might attempt to seed the sauce throw a fine strainer.
Summer Raspberry Chicken
- 3/4 Cup Honey Dijon Dressing Divided
- Juice and Zest of a Lime
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 lb Chicken Breast pounded to 1/4 inch
- 3 Sweet Peppers or 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Steamable Bag Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Combine dressing and lime
- Take 1/4 cup of mixture and place in a blender with raspberries
- Puree and set aside
- Take chicken and marinade in remaining dressing/lime mixture for 30-45 minutes
- Grill chicken and char peppers
- Steam green beans then add peppers once they are peeled and cut into strips.
- Salt to taste.
- Top beans with chicken.
- Top chicken with raspberry sauce and sprinkle walnuts on top.
Note: Amazon links are affiliate links