As I continued on my journey to lose this weight, I have rather enjoyed playing with flavors that add a lot of punch without adding a lot of calories.
So when I saw this recipe for Summer Raspberry Chicken in Meals in Minutes, I knew I wanted to try it!
I have been enjoying fresh raspberries for weeks and I was intrigued to try some in a dish.
You start with 3/4 cup of Honey Dijon Dressing
Add the juice and zest from one lime
Pour 1/4 cup of the dressing/lime into a blender, add 1 cup of fresh raspberries and puree.
Then set aside.
Then take 1 lb of chicken and pound it 1/4 inch thin.
Place the chicken in a bag and marinade in the remaining dressing/lime mixture for 30-45 minutes.
Grill the chicken up, basting with liquid until the last five minutes.
Meanwhile grill up some sweet peppers or a red bell pepper.
And toss a bag of whole green beans in the microwave.
Toss the beans in a bowl and mix in strips of the pepper after you peel off the charred skins.
Add a little bit of salt to taste.
Place the beans on your plate, top with chicken, pour sauce on top and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.
Now, when I do this again, I am thinking I might give a balsamic vinaigrette a try instead of the the Honey Dijon… and I might attempt to seed the sauce throw a fine strainer.
Summer Raspberry Chicken
- 3/4 Cup Honey Dijon Dressing Divided
- Juice and Zest of a Lime
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 lb Chicken Breast pounded to 1/4 inch
- 3 Sweet Peppers or 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Steamable Bag Green Beans
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Combine dressing and lime
- Take 1/4 cup of mixture and place in a blender with raspberries
- Puree and set aside
- Take chicken and marinade in remaining dressing/lime mixture for 30-45 minutes
- Grill chicken and char peppers
- Steam green beans then add peppers once they are peeled and cut into strips.
- Salt to taste.
- Top beans with chicken.
- Top chicken with raspberry sauce and sprinkle walnuts on top.
Note: Amazon links are affiliate links
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.