I just LOVE a recipe I can literally throw together… so when I saw this recipe for Strawberry Angel Bites while reviewing Gooseberry Patch’s Meals in Minutes… I was sold.
While I love and adore Angel Food Cake…
I stink at making it…
But when it comes to making straight up angel food cake, my best bet is to just purchase it… and save myself the headache.
So, when I saw the sugar free option at the grocery store… I gave it a try.
It was about half the calories of traditional angel food cake.
I like to use muffin tins to portion out sweets at home, so I grabbed my jumbo muffin tins and split the cubes of angel food cake into the 12 cups.
Then take two of the small boxes of strawberry jello (again, I used sugar free) and pour them out into a bowl.
Dissolve in 2 cups of water (Note: Next time I will use warm water to aid in the dissolving process).
Add 12 oz frozen strawberries that have been thawed.
And 8 0z of whipped topping…
Mix until combined and pour over your angel food cake.
Place in the fridge until they set up.
The whole family loved these!
Strawberry Angel Bites
- 1 9 oz Angel Food Cake Cal count based on Sugar Free
- 2 Small Boxes Strawberry Jello Cal count based on Sugar Free
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 12 oz Frozen Strawberries- thawed
- 8 oz Cool Whip Cal Count based on Fat Free
- Cube Angel Food Cake and place in jumbo muffin cups OR a 2 Quart Dish
- Set aside
- Dissolve Jello in water.
- Add strawberries and cool whip and mix until combined
- Spoon strawberry mixture over top of angel food cake
- Refrigerate until set
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.