I just LOVE a recipe I can literally throw together… so when I saw this recipe for Strawberry Angel Bites while reviewing Gooseberry Patch’s Meals in Minutes… I was sold.
While I love and adore Angel Food Cake…
I stink at making it…
But when it comes to making straight up angel food cake, my best bet is to just purchase it… and save myself the headache.
So, when I saw the sugar free option at the grocery store… I gave it a try.
It was about half the calories of traditional angel food cake.
I like to use muffin tins to portion out sweets at home, so I grabbed my jumbo muffin tins and split the cubes of angel food cake into the 12 cups.
Then take two of the small boxes of strawberry jello (again, I used sugar free) and pour them out into a bowl.
Dissolve in 2 cups of water (Note: Next time I will use warm water to aid in the dissolving process).
Add 12 oz frozen strawberries that have been thawed.
And 8 0z of whipped topping…
Mix until combined and pour over your angel food cake.
Place in the fridge until they set up.
The whole family loved these!
Strawberry Angel Bites
- 1 9 oz Angel Food Cake Cal count based on Sugar Free
- 2 Small Boxes Strawberry Jello Cal count based on Sugar Free
- 2 Cups Warm Water
- 12 oz Frozen Strawberries- thawed
- 8 oz Cool Whip Cal Count based on Fat Free
- Cube Angel Food Cake and place in jumbo muffin cups OR a 2 Quart Dish
- Set aside
- Dissolve Jello in water.
- Add strawberries and cool whip and mix until combined
- Spoon strawberry mixture over top of angel food cake
- Refrigerate until set
Affiliate links were used in this post.