When I first read this recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Mom’s Very Best Recipes*… I thought I misread it!
It calls for you to brown a pound of ground beef and then add a can of Minestrone soup to it!
You then take the bottoms of 8 buns and put them on a broiler pan and top them with the mixture.
Then top with a slice of cheese and broil just until melted… 1-2 minutes max.
What did I do to lighten this recipe up?
- I used extra lean ground beef.
- I used white wheat buns- shaving off calories and adding fiber.
- I used 2% American Cheese slices.
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef- Browned
- 1 Can Minestrone Soup
- 8 Slices of 2% Cheese
- 8 White Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Combine soup and beef and heat through.
- Place bun bottoms on a broiler sheet and divide mixture on top of each slice.
- Cover with cheese and broil just until cheese melts.
Psst… have you entered to win Mom’s Very Best Recipes yet?
*Disclosure: This link is an affiliate link.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
Debbie Wimberly Caraballo says
I really like these kinds of recipes – different, and easy. Years ago, I used to make a sloppy joe recipe from a Betty Crocker cookbook that called for a can of Campbell’s Chicken Gumbo soup…it was delicious. Thanks for a great post!
Oh! I will have to try that. So glad you enjoyed the post 🙂