When I first read this recipe from Gooseberry Patch’s Mom’s Very Best Recipes*… I thought I misread it!
It calls for you to brown a pound of ground beef and then add a can of Minestrone soup to it!
You then take the bottoms of 8 buns and put them on a broiler pan and top them with the mixture.
Then top with a slice of cheese and broil just until melted… 1-2 minutes max.
What did I do to lighten this recipe up?
- I used extra lean ground beef.
- I used white wheat buns- shaving off calories and adding fiber.
- I used 2% American Cheese slices.
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef- Browned
- 1 Can Minestrone Soup
- 8 Slices of 2% Cheese
- 8 White Wheat Hamburger Buns
- Combine soup and beef and heat through.
- Place bun bottoms on a broiler sheet and divide mixture on top of each slice.
- Cover with cheese and broil just until cheese melts.
Psst… have you entered to win Mom’s Very Best Recipes yet?
*Disclosure: This link is an affiliate link.