When I found a recipe for “Bragging Rights Banana Pudding” in the pages of Mom’s Very Best Recipes*, I knew I had to try it with my favorite On the Lighter Side trick… switching sour cream for non-fat Greek yogurt.
Boy was I (and everyone else) happy with the results!
It was a lighter-brighter tasting recipe and we LOVED it.
It wasn’t overly sweet and yet it was completely satisfying.
So much so we all were very eager to pack the leftovers in our lunches!
So what did I do to lighten it up?
- I divided all of the portions up as I made them… so the yumminess didn’t tempt us to have more than our share 😉
- I used Non-Fat Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream
- I used Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
- I used Sugar Free/Fat Free Pudding Mix and Skim Milk
- I used Fat Free Bananas… 😉 Just kidding
Skinny Banana Pudding
- 1 Large Box Instant Vanilla Pudding- Sugar Free/Fat Free
- 3 Cups Skim Milk
- 2 Cups Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 8 oz Container Cool Whip Free
- 1 Box Reduced Fat Nilla Wafers
- Beat milk and pudding together until thickened.
- Beat in Greek yogurt and then fold in Cool Whip.
- For portion control, set out 15 small containers or use one large container and layer wafers, then bananas, then pudding and repeat layering ending with crushed wafers on top.
- Chill until served.
Psst… have you entered to win a copy of Mom’s Very Best Recipes yet?
*Disclosure: Affiliate link