If you have been around here very long, you probably already know that I totally heart my crock pot.
Truth be told, slow cooker talk even came up last week at Blog Indiana while chatting it up with some fellow Indy Geek Girls. All that crock pot talk totally reminded me that I had not yet shared one of my favorite — super easy– crock pot recipes with you!
Sherry Mushroom Crock Pot Chicken
The recipe starts where all GOODe slow cooker recipes do… a crock pot liner 😉 Psst… you can find these babies in the aluminum foil/cling wrap/baggie aisle.
Now gather up a family sized can of cream of mushroom soup, some cooking sherry and a can of mushrooms.
Now sprinkle your drained mushrooms on top.
Add 1/2 cup of sherry
Then some salt and pepper to taste…
Add your cream of mushroom soup on top and put a lid on it 😉
Cook on high for 6 hours…
Then serve up with mashed taters…
Now make sure you save up those leftovers – sauce and all.
Tomorrow I will share how we took the leftovers and with very little work made Whole Grain Chicken Stroganoff for a whole new meal.
Sherry Mushroom Crockpot Chicken: 4 Ingredients to a Fantastic Dinner!
- 8-12 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Family Size Cream of Mushroom Soup Low Fat
- 1 Can of Mushrooms Drained
- 1/2 Cup of Sherry
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Line your slow cooker with a liner
- Place chicken in the slow cooker
- Add mushrooms, sherry, salt and pepper
- Pour soup on top
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Reserve leftovers for use in upcoming Whole Grain Chicken Stroganoff