Did you know today was National Chili Day?!?
Check out this yummy recipe from Rush-Hour Recipes that is a perfect Mexican twist in your chili bowl.
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy of this fun cookbook? No? Well go on then…
I didn’t change anything about this recipe to lighten it up… except our usual add on garnish.
Instead of the usual sour cream dollop, I used plain Greek yogurt and everyone loved it.
Check out the recipe below.
Red, White & Green Chili
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion-Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Can 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans 15 oz Northern Beans-Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Jar 16 oz Green Salsa
- 1 Can 14oz Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Garnish- Cilantro and Greek Yogurt
- Brown beef with onion.
- Add garlic, tomatoes with juice and remaining ingredients except garnish.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and add desired garnish.
*includes 2 T Greek Yogurt as Garnish per bowl
Affiliate links were used in this post.