Did you know today was National Chili Day?!?
Check out this yummy recipe from Rush-Hour Recipes that is a perfect Mexican twist in your chili bowl.
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy of this fun cookbook? No? Well go on then…
I didn’t change anything about this recipe to lighten it up… except our usual add on garnish.
Instead of the usual sour cream dollop, I used plain Greek yogurt and everyone loved it.
Check out the recipe below.
Red, White & Green Chili
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion-Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic- Chopped
- 1 Can 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cans 15 oz Northern Beans-Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Jar 16 oz Green Salsa
- 1 Can 14oz Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- Garnish- Cilantro and Greek Yogurt
- Brown beef with onion.
- Add garlic, tomatoes with juice and remaining ingredients except garnish.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and add desired garnish.
*includes 2 T Greek Yogurt as Garnish per bowl
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
[…] Red, White & Green Chili adds a bit of Mexican flavor to the traditional warm up […]