We really like a GOODe soup… actually we probably have a soup–if not two– each week on the menu.
That is why I was thrilled to find this simple and savory biscuit in the pages of Rush-Hour Recipes as a perfect dinner bread I could lighten up to go with our soups for only 68 calories!
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy of this fun cookbook? No? Well go on then…
On the Lighter Side Changes I made:
- I used Heart Smart Bisquick instead of Buttermilk Bisquick.
- I used Splenda instead of Sugar– not your cup of tea? Use sugar.
- I used 2 Egg Whites instead of 1 whole egg.
- I used water instead of white wine.
- I baked the recipe in muffin tins instead of a round cake pan to stretch the servings to 12 rolls vs. 8 wedges.
I love this here recipe because it is a quick and easy combine and go. Check it out below.
Parmesan Supper Biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cup Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 T Splenda or Sugar
- 1 T Dried Minced Onion
- 1/2 t Dried Oregano
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 C Skim Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parm
- Combine all ingredients except cheese until dough forms.
- Spray muffin tin lightly
- Fill muffin cups
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
Leave a Reply