We really like a GOODe soup… actually we probably have a soup–if not two– each week on the menu.
That is why I was thrilled to find this simple and savory biscuit in the pages of Rush-Hour Recipes as a perfect dinner bread I could lighten up to go with our soups for only 68 calories!
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy of this fun cookbook? No? Well go on then…
On the Lighter Side Changes I made:
- I used Heart Smart Bisquick instead of Buttermilk Bisquick.
- I used Splenda instead of Sugar– not your cup of tea? Use sugar.
- I used 2 Egg Whites instead of 1 whole egg.
- I used water instead of white wine.
- I baked the recipe in muffin tins instead of a round cake pan to stretch the servings to 12 rolls vs. 8 wedges.
I love this here recipe because it is a quick and easy combine and go. Check it out below.
Parmesan Supper Biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cup Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1 T Splenda or Sugar
- 1 T Dried Minced Onion
- 1/2 t Dried Oregano
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 C Skim Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parm
- Combine all ingredients except cheese until dough forms.
- Spray muffin tin lightly
- Fill muffin cups
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Do not over-bake.
Affiliate links were used in this post.