NOTE: This recipe (despite its traditional name) is for human consumption, not for dogs.
Do I have a treat for you!
Ya see ’round this house we make the holiday favorite- Puppy Chow- with a bit of a yummy twist involving Hershey’s Symphony Bars… The most perfect… well… symphony of chocolate, almond and toffee… yum!
You start out by breaking two Symphony bars up into a bowl.
Add 1/2 stick of butter
And 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
Microwave on high for 45 secs and stir.
Heat/stir in 15 second increments until smooth and then stir in 1 t Pure Almond Extract.
Pour chocolate over 9 Cups Chex for a subtle almond/toffee flavor…
For a stronger flavor and crunch, use 8 Cups Chex, 2/3 Cup Chopped Almonds and 1/3 Cup Toffee Chips).
Stir to coat.
Place 3 Cups Powdered Sugar in a container or large paper bag, add Chex mixture, seal and shake.
- 2 4.25 oz Hershey Symphony Bars
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 t Almond Extract
- 9 Cups Chex *
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- *Optional- Substitute 1 Cup Chex for 2/3 Cups Chopped Almonds and 1/3 Cup Toffee Chips
- Break up chocolate into a bowl and add butter and peanut butter.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir. Continue in 15 sec increments until melted smooth.
- Pour chocolate of over Chex* and stir to coat.
- Place Powdered Sugar in container, add chex mixture, place lid on and shake to coat.
This recipe (despite its traditional name) is for human consumption, not for dogs. It contains chocolate and should not be fed to dogs.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.