NOTE: This recipe (despite its traditional name) is for human consumption, not for dogs.
Do I have a treat for you!
Ya see ’round this house we make the holiday favorite- Puppy Chow- with a bit of a yummy twist involving Hershey’s Symphony Bars… The most perfect… well… symphony of chocolate, almond and toffee… yum!
You start out by breaking two Symphony bars up into a bowl.
Add 1/2 stick of butter
And 1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
Microwave on high for 45 secs and stir.
Heat/stir in 15 second increments until smooth and then stir in 1 t Pure Almond Extract.
Pour chocolate over 9 Cups Chex for a subtle almond/toffee flavor…
For a stronger flavor and crunch, use 8 Cups Chex, 2/3 Cup Chopped Almonds and 1/3 Cup Toffee Chips).
Stir to coat.
Place 3 Cups Powdered Sugar in a container or large paper bag, add Chex mixture, seal and shake.
- 2 4.25 oz Hershey Symphony Bars
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 t Almond Extract
- 9 Cups Chex *
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- *Optional- Substitute 1 Cup Chex for 2/3 Cups Chopped Almonds and 1/3 Cup Toffee Chips
- Break up chocolate into a bowl and add butter and peanut butter.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir. Continue in 15 sec increments until melted smooth.
- Pour chocolate of over Chex* and stir to coat.
- Place Powdered Sugar in container, add chex mixture, place lid on and shake to coat.