Do you love Shortbread? Do you love Pumpkin Spice? You have to try my new fall favorite, Pumpkin Spice Shortbread Cookies.
I love me some sugar cookies, but shortbread are by far my favorite roll-out cookie option.
So when I saw the original recipe for Pumpkin Spice Shortbread by Judy Young in Gooseberry Patch’s brand new Hometown Harvest, I knew I would be making it. I just adapted it to make them roll-out cookies and we have made them over and over.
Pumpkin Spice Shortbread
Much like this yummy Pumpkin Pie French Toast, this recipe actually has no pumpkin in it at all. Instead, it uses a tad bit of pumpkin spice to give that buttery shortbread the distinctive fall flavor.
I think some folks are intimidated by shortbread a bit because the dough is so crumbly at first. Don’t let that throw you. Take that crumbly dough and dump it onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Close up the plastic wrap and form the dough into a disk and pop into the fridge for an hour and then it will roll right out. Easy peasy.
Pumpkin Spice Shortbread Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter- Softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Blend butter and sugar.
- In a different bowl combine flour and spice.
- Combine butter mixture with flour until crumbly.
- Turn out onto plastic wrap, close wrap and press to form a dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and roll out onto floured surface to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into cookies using cookie cutters.
- Bake at 375 for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 300 and bake until golden (35-45 minutes).
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.