Are you looking for something new for breakfast? This kid-friendly Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast is a perfect dish to serve up for the kids and adults alike. It is super fun but equally delcious.
We have fallen head over heals for this yummy recipe that combines our love for PB & J with our love for French Toast.
The original recipe can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s new cookbook: Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude! that is due out next month. I can’t wait to share more with you about this fun new twist in my Gooseberry Patch Cookbook collection in the coming weeks. Oh and giveaway a copy to one lucky reader too 😉 Stay tuned!
I lightened it up a bit to fit our On the Lighter Side Series, but you could never tell that to Miss Add…
She now goes around asking for those special PB & Js. So far, we have had them as breakfast, dessert and as snacks… told ya we liked them 😉
Ways I Lightened It Up
- I used Potato Bread instead of Texas Toast or Regular White Bread.
- I used Low Sugar Jelly.
- I used 1 T Peanut Butter instead of 2 T on each sandwich.
- I omitted the butter and opted for lightly spraying my skillet with olive oil.
- I used Egg Beaters instead of an Egg.
- I used Skim Milk.
- Instead of Syrup, I just drizzled a little melted Jelly over the top and dusted it with 1/4 tsp of Powdered Sugar.
Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
- 8 Slices of Potato Bread
- 4 T Peanut Butter
- 4 T Low Sugar Grape Jelly
- 3 T Egg Beaters
- 1 T Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Make 4 Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches.
- Combine remaining ingredients and brush on each side of each sandwich.
- Grill in a lightly sprayed skillet until each side is golden brown.
- Cut in half and sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with melted jelly.
This is one of those recipes that I know Miss Add is going to ask me to make her for years to come. Which is fine by me, because it is so simple and quick to make (and Mommy loves them too!)
Do you have some special recipes like that your kiddos (or grandkids) always ask for? Do tell!Note: Affiliate links were used in this post. Gooseberry Patch sent me an advanced copy of Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude! for my review and another copy to give away later this month to one lucky fan.