Tonight’s recipe is one of my all time favorites.
One night while watching Julie and Julia, Puddie was inspired to whip up some bruschetta. Having never made it before, he just added flavors we loved and created one of our favorite meals.
Truth be told, I snarled my nose at first… but then… I tasted it.
Oh. My. Word.
I could seriously eat this every night… especially with all the fresh tomatoes and basil…
You start with a loaf of French bread.
Cut her in half…
Save the other half for the next day… for when you think to yourself that you HAVE to have some of that awesome bruschetta again 😉 Just sayin’
Slice up half of the loaf.
Melt some butter and brush on both sides of each slice.
Pop on the grill for a few minutes to toast them up.
Grab a whole clove of garlic and cut it at an angle.
Rub the garlic on both sides of each toasted slice.
Now chop up two tomatoes and toss them in a bowl.
Grab 2 avocados…
Chop them up toss them in.
Take two limes and add their juice to your mixture. I heart limes.
Grab some basil (boxwood pictured) and chop up and toss in.
Mix ‘er up
Then spoon onto grilled garlic slices.
You gots to try it…
Servings: 6 -8
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 2 avocados
- 2 limes
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Slice bread into ¾ inch slices
- Melt butter and brush on both sides
- Place under broiler and toast both sides until lightly browned
- Slice garlic clove in half and rub over both sides of toasted bread
- Halve avocados, removing the pits, and score with a knife into bite size chunks, then scoop avocados into a bowl.
- Dice onion and add to bowl
- Add diced tomatoes to bowl
- Squeeze both limes into bowl
- Gently stir all ingredients
- Salt to taste
- Spoon mixture over toasted bread and serve