These Freezer Breakfast Burritos are perfect for breakfast on the go! Spend an hour making a huge batch and have hot breakfast for a month in no time flat.
And so, that is what I did– much to Miss Add’s delight. She LOVES her freezer burritos.
UPDATED with How To Video (watch here):
Freezer Breakfast Burritos
So fix up a ham or grab some ham slices, sausage crumbles or bacon and let’s get started.
Then you are going to need to scramble 24 eggs. No worries, THIS recipe is a fantastic way to whip up a batch that big in no time flat.
Last but not least you are going to need some tortillas and cheese.
And that is it! Easy peasy!
A few notes:
- I sometimes lightly heat my tortillas before wrapping, but you don’t have to preheat them if you are short on time. Heating just makes them easier to fold without tearing.
- You will want to use a slotted spoon to scoop our your eggs. You want as little liquid inside your burritos as possible before freezing.
- You will want a single plain paper towel (I use Bounty Basic) to wrap each burrito in before freezing.
- 24 Eggs Scrambled
- 2 Cups Chopped Ham
- 6 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 24 12-inch Flour Tortillas
- Place a spoonful of eggs and ham on a tortilla and top with cheese.
- Fold and then wrap in a paper towel.
- Place burritos in a freezer bag and freeze.
- To reheat, place burrito (still in paper towel) in the microwave and cook for 60-90 sec, flip and cook for 60-90 more sec.-
- Immediately remove from towel and let cool before eating.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
This post is linked to the Weekend Potluck over on Country Cook!
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.