Are you looking for a simple one dish Mexican meal that is easy to make and delicious to eat? This Enchilada Lasagna has all the flavors of a traditional enchilada without the mess of rolling up the tortillas.
I altered this recipe (to meet the enchilada preferences of my family) from a recipe I found in Gooseberry Patch’s Game-Day Fan Fare (affiliate link) by Judi Lance of Payson, AZ. I switched out the corn tortillas for flour and changed out the red sauce for green sauce because that is how our family rolls ;).
The result was a huge hit with the fam– especially Puddie. I whipped up some fresh guacamole to go with it and he was ecstatic with the whole meal.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion- Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper- Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper- Chopper
- 8 oz Cream Cheese- Cubed
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 6 Eight Inch Tortillas Corn or Flour
- 1 Cup 2 % Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion and peppers until cooked through.
- Drain and stir in cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl and dip 2 tortillas in sauce and put in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Spread half of the meat mixture over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Layer another layer of tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Top with tortillas and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Don’t forget to check out the other recipes from this great cookbook and our giveaway.