Are you looking for a simple one dish Mexican meal that is easy to make and delicious to eat? This Enchilada Lasagna has all the flavors of a traditional enchilada without the mess of rolling up the tortillas.
I altered this recipe (to meet the enchilada preferences of my family) from a recipe I found in Gooseberry Patch’s Game-Day Fan Fare (affiliate link) by Judi Lance of Payson, AZ. I switched out the corn tortillas for flour and changed out the red sauce for green sauce because that is how our family rolls ;).
The result was a huge hit with the fam– especially Puddie. I whipped up some fresh guacamole to go with it and he was ecstatic with the whole meal.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion- Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper- Chopped
- 1 Red Pepper- Chopper
- 8 oz Cream Cheese- Cubed
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 10 oz Enchilada Sauce
- 6 Eight Inch Tortillas Corn or Flour
- 1 Cup 2 % Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown ground beef with onion and peppers until cooked through.
- Drain and stir in cream cheese and garlic powder.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl and dip 2 tortillas in sauce and put in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Spread half of the meat mixture over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle with 1/3 cup of the cheese.
- Layer another layer of tortillas, meat and cheese.
- Top with tortillas and cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Don’t forget to check out the other recipes from this great cookbook and our giveaway.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.