Last weekend we celebrated a very important birthday for a very important little girl with an Ariel cake and rainbow cupcakes!
Memaw made the Ariel cake with a cake pan that one of our good friends let us borrow (Thanks Lisa!).
Mommy made the cupcakes by using a white cake mix and adding 2 t pure almond extract and then divided the batter into six bowls.
Then I added food coloring to each bowl. Keep adding until your color reaches the vibrant hue you desire.
Now spoon a little of each color into each cupcake cup. Just layer the colors, don’t intentionally mix.
Bake them up according to the box.
Decorate with icing of your choice (here is a good one) and sprinkles.
Ready to party 🙂
Easy Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix prepared but not baked
- 2 t Almond Extract
- Food Coloring
- Buttercream Icing
- Prepare cake mix according to box adding in almond extract.
- Divide batter into six bowls and add food coloring to each bowl to reach desired color
- Spoon batter colors into lined cupcake cups layering colors but not intentionally mixing.
- Bake according to directions and frost as desired.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.