Last weekend we celebrated a very important birthday for a very important little girl with an Ariel cake and rainbow cupcakes!
Memaw made the Ariel cake with a cake pan that one of our good friends let us borrow (Thanks Lisa!).
Mommy made the cupcakes by using a white cake mix and adding 2 t pure almond extract and then divided the batter into six bowls.
Then I added food coloring to each bowl. Keep adding until your color reaches the vibrant hue you desire.
Now spoon a little of each color into each cupcake cup. Just layer the colors, don’t intentionally mix.
Bake them up according to the box.
Decorate with icing of your choice (here is a good one) and sprinkles.
Ready to party 🙂
Easy Rainbow Cupcakes
- 1 Box White Cake Mix prepared but not baked
- 2 t Almond Extract
- Food Coloring
- Buttercream Icing
- Prepare cake mix according to box adding in almond extract.
- Divide batter into six bowls and add food coloring to each bowl to reach desired color
- Spoon batter colors into lined cupcake cups layering colors but not intentionally mixing.
- Bake according to directions and frost as desired.