Looking for a great recipe to take to a pitch-in? Or maybe you just like giant cookies…you will want to make this Easy Giant Cookie Bars from Gooseberry Patch’s 303 Simple and Satisfying Recipes. You can make them in a snap and they are so good!
Aunt Lou here.
Our small group at church isn’t really small at all. We have 6 couples with a total of 14 (soon to be 15 once little Iyla gets here!) kiddos. So each week we rotate who is in charge of providing the main part of the meal and everyone else pitches in for the rest. After each couple has taken a turn, we take a week to do game night where we all just bring our favorite goodies and tailgating food. This week just happened to be game night. AND we were inviting another small group to join us. So there was bound to be tons of good food and rounds after rounds of four square.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t feeling the greatest that day. I wasn’t sure what to bring, but I knew it had to be easy to throw together, so I started leafing through my cookbooks and came across this Easy Giant Cookie Bars recipe. These Easy Giant Cookie Bars were perfect. It was so easy to throw together and yuuuuumy!
Since I wasn’t feeling the greatest, I didn’t do all the fun decorating. If I had been feeling better, it would have been fun to have Ryder help me decorate it up with some icing and marshmallows. It will definitely happen next time! So, if you are short on time or energy, feel free to use a pizza cutter, cut it up into bars and throw them in a container to go. They are still absolutely delicious!
Easy Giant Cookie Bars
Preheat your oven to 375.
Beat together your butter, brown sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
Add your eggs separately (make sure you mix well after each egg).
Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
Add your flour mixture slowly (you don’t want to have flour flying everywhere…not that I would know that from experience or anything) combining completely.
Add your chocolate chips and mix well.
Spread your mixture on a pizza pan that is lined with parchment paper.
Bake until it is golden, about 30-40 minutes.
After cooling, cut into bars or decorate with icing and marshmallows as desired.
Easy Giant Cookie
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c butter softened
- 1 1/2 c brown sugar packed
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 chocolate chips
- Optional: chocolate frosting decorator icing, milk chocolate chunks, mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Beat together your butter, brown sugar and vanilla for 5 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add your eggs separately (make sure you mix well after each egg).
- Mix together your flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Add your flour mixture slowly, combining completely.
- Add your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread your mixture on a pizza pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until it is golden, about 30-40 minutes.
- After cooling, cut into bars or decorate as desired.