Are you looking for a summer salad beyond your traditional greens? This BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad is the perfect way to take your salad traditional flavors and salad dressings. It is perfect for everything from everyday lunches to summer pitch-ins.
Long time readers know that I have not always been a big salad fan… but I have to tell ya, this salad has me totally hooked!
And despite my shady salad past 😉 I have often been told I know how to put together an awesome salad… it’s just now that I am eating them too!
This dish is just perfect for BBQ Chicken leftovers too!
Now I have been known to make this for dinner (the recipe I share below) or even just a single portion just for lunch. It is so easy to have the “parts” prepared in the fridge to pull out for whenever we have a hankerin’ for it.
One more note before the recipe…
If you are like me and love Ranch but despise any kind of impostor of “light” Ranch… THIS recipe lets you have your real Ranch and eat it too.
Ya see you eat about half as much Ranch in this salad because of that yummy BBQ sauce.
And let me tell ya, this baby is not missing an ounce of flavor. I would put it up against any main dish… AND that is saying a lot given my salad background 😉
Well now I want one– how about a recipe?
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- 12 Chicken Tenderloins
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn- Cooked
- BBQ Sauce- To Taste
- Ranch Dressing- To Taste
- Salt and Pepper- To Taste
- Grill or Broil Tenderloins until cooked through, brushing with BBQ Sauce during last few minutes of cooking and then set aside.
- Combine greens and corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken into bite sized pieces and toss in.
- Drizzle with BBQ Sauce to taste and repeat with Ranch. (Note: Use less than usual dressing as BBQ sauce will be a lot stronger than a typical dressing).