Are you looking for a somewhat healthy breakfast muffin that you can eat in the mornings and feel good about all day long? Let me introduce you to my very favorite (like -I have made 4 times this month omg good -favorite) recipe for Banana Muffins.
Banana Nut Muffins
I had to tweak the recipe because I did not have any wheat germ and my local IGA didn’t have any. So a quick google later I learned that ground or milled flax seed would be a good substitute and boy it was!
These delicious darlings are not uber-sweet, but instead super satisfying. I love all the texture and the banana-nut flavor. Sometimes I switch out the vanilla extract with my very favorite almond extract and it takes the flavor to a whole new level.
This recipe makes a hearty dozen but could easily be made into 18 servings with a tad less heft. They are also freezer friendly if I could ever get a batch in the freezer before Miss Add and I eat them all!
I know the ingredient list looks like a lot but I promise I whip these up and throw them in the oven in less than 10 minutes.
Banana Nut Muffins
- 3 Ripe Bananas- Mashed
- 2 Eggs- Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Oats I use old fashioned
- 1/2 Cup Sugar plus additional to sprinkle on top
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract I use Almond
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour I use White Whole Wheat
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Sods
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Mix together bananas, sugar, eggs oil and extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop evenly into 12 (or 18) lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until set and golden on top.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.