I was sooo thrilled when you guys picked Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip as one of the recipes for us to share with you from Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking.
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy yet?
Now this yummy dish is a good replica of the appetizer dip we like to get when we go out to eat …
Except when one makes it at home, one can use lowfat ingredients…
And lessen the guilt of eating copious amounts of said dip… a little 😉
Psst… Like my holiday decor? That’s what mama gets when she stocks up on Press N Seal when they clearance out the out of season stuff 😉
Now heat that baby for 3 minutes…
Criss Angel better watch out… There’s a new Cris in town… just sayin’
I was out of the bagged stuff, so I just shredded up some fresh that I had stowed away for some pizza 😉
It should be nice and bubbly.
Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip
- 12 oz Fresh Spinach
- 14 oz Can Artichoke Hearts- Drained & Chopped
- 1 T Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic-Minced
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella- divided
- Wash and drain spinach. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes until it is wilted.
- Drain and squeeze excess water out.
- Chop spinach and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add cream cheese and garlic and stir until cream cheese melts completely.
- Add spinach and artichokes.
- Add sour cream and half of the mozzarella.
- Mix together and spread into a casserole dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Serve with chips, pita chips or veggies
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.