I was sooo thrilled when you guys picked Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip as one of the recipes for us to share with you from Gooseberry Patch’s Big Book of Home Cooking.
Psst… Have you entered to win a copy yet?
Now this yummy dish is a good replica of the appetizer dip we like to get when we go out to eat …
Except when one makes it at home, one can use lowfat ingredients…
And lessen the guilt of eating copious amounts of said dip… a little 😉
Psst… Like my holiday decor? That’s what mama gets when she stocks up on Press N Seal when they clearance out the out of season stuff 😉
Now heat that baby for 3 minutes…
Criss Angel better watch out… There’s a new Cris in town… just sayin’
I was out of the bagged stuff, so I just shredded up some fresh that I had stowed away for some pizza 😉
It should be nice and bubbly.
Baked Artichoke & Spinach Dip
- 12 oz Fresh Spinach
- 14 oz Can Artichoke Hearts- Drained & Chopped
- 1 T Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic-Minced
- 1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella- divided
- Wash and drain spinach. Cover and microwave for 3 minutes until it is wilted.
- Drain and squeeze excess water out.
- Chop spinach and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add cream cheese and garlic and stir until cream cheese melts completely.
- Add spinach and artichokes.
- Add sour cream and half of the mozzarella.
- Mix together and spread into a casserole dish.
- Cover with remaining cheese
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
- Serve with chips, pita chips or veggies