I don’t know about you, but I think the calendar is gaining on me…
I mean I just looked it over and in a little over a week, I (and presumably you) will be throwing together a Thanksgiving feast with the family…
Are you ready?
I know I’m not…
That and I am pretty sure there is some lady that goes to my grocery store hoarding cranberries… anyhoo…
So, I turned to my awesome facebook community and asked what kinds of turkey day sides they must have around their tables and they gave me all kinds of fantastic ideas.
Then I turned to the blogosphere to check out what’s cookin’ out there and now all I am left to do is make some really tough choices… well and, um… cook.
So here are tons of Thanksgiving Table sides… now how on earth to decide?!?
I seriously LOVE stuffing or dressing… LOVE it. It is one of my favorite components to a Thanksgiving meal. Confession: I am pretty content with Stove Top as long as you substitute the water for chicken broth…
BUT, these bloggers have me reconsidering…
Don’t these recipes look just divine?
- Chicken and Dressing Casserole– One of our favorites around here… Could switch out chicken for turkey… hmm…
- Sausage-Cranberry Stuffing from My Baking Addiction
- Hearty Sweet Potato Dressing from Crockpot Recipe Exchange
- Leek and Bacon Stuffing from Good Life Eats
- Sausage Cornbread Stuffing from Making Life Delicious
- Slow Cooker Stuffing with Apple and Sausage from A Year of Slow Cooking
Casseroles and Noodles Galore!
Thanksgiving is THE perfect time to serve up those awesome casseroles that we only get a couple times a year. Here are a few of our favorites along with several that I am dying to try!
- Glady’s Chicken and Noodles – Puddie’s specialty!
- Broccoli-Rice Delight– I am thinking I am going to definitely make this…
- Favorite Corn Casserole -A staple at our Thanksgiving Table.
- Grandma’s Cheesy Broccoli Casserole from Intentional Homemaker
- Beef and Noodles in the Crockpot from 3 Kids and Lots of Pigs
- Green Bean Casserole from The Pioneer Woman
- Triple Cheese Macaroni from Beyer Beware
Taters, Taters, Get Yer Taters…
The story goes that on my first Thanksgiving there were more different types of potato dishes than anything else on the table… Well, it worked! Thanksgiving isn’t complete without all sorts of taters… and these make my mouth water!
- Sweet Potato Crunch by none other than Aunt Lou!
- Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes– LOVE these!!
- Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes from Add a Pinch
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes from Syrup and Biscuits
- Scalloped Potatoes from Brown Eyed Baker
- Country Potato Salad from The Country Cook
Bread- Enough Said!
I heart bread… like a GOODe carb-lover should. I failed miserably at my goal to really bake tons of yummy bread this year… but with these recipes in hand, there is always next year… or better yet… the holidays!
- Mom’s Yeast Rolls– A family tradition at our house!
- Broccoli Cheddar Muffins-These hearty muffins will be a delicious nibble all day long!
- Make Ahead Butterhorns from Money Saving Mom
- Rustic Rosemary Garlic Bread from Good Life Eats
- Chocolate Butterhorns from Life As Mom
- Popovers from Cranberry Morning
- Texas Roadhouse Copycat Rolls from Eat Cake for Dinner
More Sides to Enjoy
If your table is like ours, we cannot get enough sides… these have caught my eye this year… decisions, decisions…
- Easy Baked Beans– Again, a family favorite.
- Lime Orzo Salad– We LOVED this so much it might be a great holiday treat.
- Glistening Strawberry Salad– Tastes way better than it looks 😉
- Creamed Spinach from Add a Pinch
- Bacon Deviled Eggs with White Truffle Oil via Gal in the Middle from The Hungry Housewife
- Pear and Blue Cheese Salad with Maple Spiced Toppings from Life As Mom (tons of other sides linked too!)
- Classic Carrot Salad from The Country Cook
- Corn, Black Bean and Quinoa Salad from Gimme Some Oven
Whew… lots of yummy options out there and I haven’t even gotten to desserts… that will have to be a whole other post!
How about you? Any of these tempt your Thanksgiving taste buds?
Linked to : Hunk of Meat Mondays and Mingle Mondays
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
Sara Lancaster says
Smart idea for a post. Bookmarked!
Cris Goode says
Thanks Cris for pulling this all together!
Cris Goode says
You are welcome!
Bernice Wood says
The strawberry salad looks like a lemon-lime salad my grandma used to make! Will have to try! And the lemony-limey orzo salad? Looks yum!
Cris Goode says
That Orzo salad is divine!
Cranberry Morning says
With this amazing list, no one has an excuse for not knowing what to make for dinner! 🙂 Thanks for including my popovers. Love ’em.
Be sure to stop in at Cranberry Morning and enter my 5-Bar Handcrafted SOAP’n’SUCH GIVEAWAY. Ends Friday night at 10 PM.
Cris Goode says
Thanks for sharing them. I adore that Betty Crocker Cookbook!