Do you love lasagna but hate the amount of work and time that goes to making this family favorite? Let me introduce you to my 30 Minute Lasagna. It is piping hot and topped with a golden layer of cheese that will make any Lasagna lover drool!
So I tweaked Red Gold’s All-In-One Recipe and whipped up a batch for my family in no time flat. Now while most of the recipes I tested for the Lasagna Party (including that yummy Crock Pot Lasagna) did not call for boiling noodles ahead of time, for this family favorite, I made the exception and boiled up my box of noodles.
30 Minute Lasagna
Meanwhile I turned my broiler on to get it nice and hot. Then I whipped together the sauce in a sauce pan and simmered it well while my noodles were cooking. Once the noodles were done, I combined all the ingredients into the same pot (Except for 2 Cups of the Mozzarella Cheese and the Parmesan Cheese) and stirred well. Once combined, I poured into my lasagna pan and covered with my remaining cheese and then popped her under the broiler for about 1-5 minutes.
30 Minute Lasagna
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 28 oz Can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz Cans Red Gold Diced Tomatoes with Basil Garlic and Oregano
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt to Taste
- 16 oz Traditional Lasagna Noodles- Cooked & Drained
- 15 oz Cottage Cheese
- 1 lb Sausage- Browned and Drained
- 14 oz Canned Mushrooms- Drained
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parm
- Preheat broiler.
- Boil and drain noodles.
- Meanwhile brown sausage.
- Place water, tomatoes, seasonings and mushrooms in a sauce pan and simmer.
- When noodles are done, drain and combine all ingredients except 2 cups of mozzarella and the parm in a pot and heat through.
- Pour mixture into a lasagna pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Broil for 1-5 minutes until cheese is golden.
- Spoon out portions or save until next day and slice and serve like regular lasagna.
Lasagna Freezer Cooking Tip
Red Gold had me share with them a Lasagna Tip. I chose to share a great freezer cooking tip.
Bring your casserole down to room temperature in a cooler then cover it in plastic wrap, placing the wrap right down on the food–leaving no room for air. Then cover in foil and freezer. The plastic wrap helps you avoid air and water (condensation), the two major enemies of freezer cooking.
Disclosure: Red Gold provided me with Lasagna Kits and a wonderful day of fun at their offices, however, all opinions and my love of their product and Stewie (pictured above) are all my own.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.