Do you love beef stroganoff in your slow cooker but you feel too rushed in the mornings to get it thrown together? We have a solution that you will love. Crock Pot Freezer Packs!
Freezer Packs for Crock Pots
Freezer packs solve so many issues for both freezer cooking AND slow cooking.
- Freezer Packets can be thrown together without a lot of pre-cooking and prep, unlike many freezer cooking casserole meals.
- You can freeze the packs flat in freezer bags with very little hassle come cooking time AND it saves TONS of freezer space.
- Many crock pot freezer pack meals do not require you to thaw them (or fully thaw) before tossing in the slow cooker.
- Placing frozen food in the slow cooker lengthens the time the food can cook and helps prevent overcooking, one of the downfalls of a lot of crock pot meals.
- Freezer packs can allow you to divide up huge crock pot recipes (a tendency with a lot of slow cooker recipes) into more appropriate sized meals for your family (read: less leftovers). NOTE: You will want to cook in a smaller slow cooker or use a bowl/dish inside of your large slow cooker if your reduced recipe does not fill your crock at least halfway.
- It is incredibly easy to make multiple crock pot freezer packs quickly. Making freezer cooking much more manageable.
Crock Pot Freezer Packs: Beef Stroganoff
I love this creamy comforting Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff over on Recipes That Crock. But I what I love even more? That I can throw these freezer packs together in a snap on the weekend and have them ready anytime I need them to toss into the slow cooker.
I like tossing these packs into my iStir Crock Pot with the stew attachment. The stirring attachment waits two hours before it starts its auto-stirring cycle which just so happens to be the perfect amount of time for it to thaw out and start to cook.
- 1 lb beef sirloin cut into cubes or stew meat
- 1.35 oz Onion Soup Mix
- 10¾ oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 oz Can of Mushrooms- Drained
- 1 clove garlic OR ¼ tsp Freeze Dried Garlic
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- Cooked Egg Noodles
- Mix together all the ingredients except sour cream and noodles and place in a freezer bag..
- Run bag under water to loosen from bag and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until beef is tender.
- Before serving, stir in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.