Are you looking for something fancy to wow your guests at your next dinner? Look no further!
These Fancy Crescent Chicken thingies are amazing!
This yummy recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch’s yet-to-be released 101 Hearty Recipesthat I have had the pleasure of reviewing thanks to the Patch.
Would you like to win a copy before you can buy it thanks to my friends at Gooseberry Patch?
Just pop over to my giveaway post and enter up to 12 times!
Anyhoo, back to this yummy recipe. First up you take 3 oz of softened cream cheese and 3 T butter and mix until smooth… now someone-I am not sayin’ who may have been- may have skipped the softening step and that may or may not be why her mixture did not get completely smooth… just sayin’
Next up, ya need to add in 10 oz chicken. The recipe called for canned chicken, but I used thawed chopped frozen chicken breast strips… I LOVE these things!
Then add salt and pepper to taste.
Then the recipe calls for 1 T chopped chives and 1 T chopped onion. Since I didn’t have chives, I just added 2 T chopped green onion- whites and greens.
And add 1 T chopped pimentos… I just heart the flavor pimentos bring to dishes, don’t you?
Mix ‘er all up and set aside…
Now take 2 tubes of crescent rolls and unroll them… and break into rectangles (not triangles).
Spoon your yummy mixture onto each rectangle…
Now seal ‘er up by folding the dough over and pressing it together–and then space out on an ungreased cookie sheet. I got out my favorite silpat mat for the task at hand.
Now melt up some butter and brush it on each of these little bundles.
Sprinkle each bundle with crushed croutons or bread crumbs.
Bake them up at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Holy yumminess batman!
- 3 oz pkg. Cream Cheese- softened
- 3 T Butter-softened
- 10 oz Chicken – canned or frozen
- Salt & Pepper- to taste
- 2 T Milk
- 1 T Chives or Green Onions-chopped
- 1 T Onion- chopped
- 1 T Pimentos- chopped
- 2 8 oz Tubes of Crescent Rolls
- 2 T Butter- melted
- ¾ Cups Crushed Seasoned Croutons or Bread Crumbs
- Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Mix in chicken, salt, pepper, milk, chives, onions and pimentos.
- Separate crescent rolls into rectangles and place mixture over each rectangle.
- Fold dough over and seal edges by pressing dough together.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until golden.
For more food and fun, visit GOODEnessGracious.com!
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.