Fantastic weeknight meal! Chicken Pesto Tortellini
- 2 1/2 c. cheese tortellini uncooked
- 14- oz. package frozen broccoli flowerets
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 t. minced garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato pesto sauce
- 1/4 c. white wine or chicken broth
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 t. water
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
Cook tortellini according to pasta package directions, adding broccoli along with pasta;
Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick skillet with non-stick vegetable spray.
Over medium-high heat, cook chicken with garlic for about 2 minutes, until chicken is golden on all sides.
Add remaining ingredients, stirring to mix.
Reduce heat to medium low.
Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken juices run clear.
To serve, spoon chicken mixture over pasta and broccoli.
Garnish with basil sprigs if desired.