Do you love cheese? How ’bout cheesy potatoes? Then you will definitely want to try these Very Cheesy Potatoes! They were the perfect side for this cheese lover!
Aunt Lou here. To say I am a cheese lover would be a major understatement. Mom says that I practically grew up on cheese sandwiches and grilled cheeses. I didn’t realize that everyone’s favorite lunch wasn’t a slice of cheese between two slices of bread…or throwing it in the microwave for a few seconds to make it all ooey and gooey! So when I had a hankerin’ for some cheesy potatoes (gotta love those pregnancy cravings that refused to be ignored!), I thought it couldn’t be too hard and just threw together my own recipe. I am sure there are plenty out there, but it is always fun to try and create it just from your own mind. 🙂 I had fun with it and the results were exactly as I hoped! Creamy, cheesy and yummy!
Very Cheesy Potatoes
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray your 9×9 or 8×8 pan with cooking spray. Peel and slice your potatoes and put them into your pan. Slice up your butter and place the pats evenly across your potatoes. Pour your milk over top of everything. Cut up your cheese into small to medium pieces and place evenly across your potatoes. Throw it in your oven for around an hour. Be sure and check it about 30 minutes in and turn it 180 degrees. This will also give you a good look so you can have an idea if your oven is faster than mine. Take ’em out and let them cool for just a few before serving. You will have some creamy, ooey, gooey potatoes that the cheese lover in your life is sure to love! Enjoy!
Very Cheesy Potatoes
- 4 potatoes
- 3/4 c milk
- 2 T butter
- 16 oz processed cheese products
- Sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray your 9x9 or 8x8 pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice your potatoes and put them into your pan.
- Slice up your butter and place the pats evenly across your potatoes.
- Pour your milk over top of everything.
- Cut up your cheese into small to medium pieces and place evenly across your potatoes.
- Bake for approximately an hour.
- Check it about half way through and turn it 180 degrees.