Are you looking for an easy way to change up Taco Night? This quick and easy Taco Skillet recipe is perfect for those busy nights where you could use a little extra Ole to the day!
I found the original recipe in Gooseberry Patch’s Weeknight Dinners Cookbook, which just so happens to feature Miss Add’s recipe for Fruit Tacos 😉 and our new family favorite Saucy Chicken Legs. I altered this festive dish to fit what I had on hand and thought it was perfect for our On the Lighter Side Series.
We all loved this hearty but lighter version of a Taco Skillet. And I loved that not only was it a cinch to make, Miss Add ate it right up- tomatoes, green pepper, onion, lettuce and all.
The recipe already did a great job of suggesting lighter ingredients, but I made a couple adjustments to fit my pantry/fridge and our normal favorite go-to foods.
- We used Extra Lean Ground Beef in lieu of Ground Turkey as a personal preference.
- We used Ronzoni Smart Taste Macaroni
- Instead of 4 small cans of tomato sauce, we used 1 large can (15 oz) and 1 can diced tomatoes and added 1 tsp Cumin.
- We used Multi-grain Tortilla Chips
- We used Low Fat Sour Cream and 2 % Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 6 oz dry Ronzoni Smart Taste Macaroni- Cooked
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion- Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper- Chopped
- 1 Can 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can 15 oz Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Picante Sauce
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 Cup 2 % Mexican Shredded Cheese
- To Taste: Lettuce Crushed Tortilla Chips, Low fat Sour Cream, Taco Sauce, Avocado, Etc.
- Brown Ground Beef with Onion and Green Bell Pepper until onion and peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked.
- Add sauces, cumin and cooked macaroni and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve up individual portions over a bed of lettuce and top with cheese, chips and sour cream, etc. as desired.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
Leave a Reply