This week’s Super Mommy Secret is about corrallin’ the kiddos while runnin’ errands. Now, I don’t know about you, but I much prefer runnin’ errands sans kiddo… however, that isn’t always a possibility.
So, when I gots Miss Add in tow, here are some of the tricks I have to keep us safe and sane.
- For long grocery trips the GOODe ole standby of coloring book and crayons works like a charm. Coloring on the go so to speak 😉
- When my hands are full and I need to walk with Miss Add in public, we have the pocket rule. Miss Add keeps her hand in mama’s pocket as we walk down side walks or in crowded areas.
- We do the same thing when we get to the car and I can’t buckle her in right away. She has the door rule, where she knows she has to hang on to the door of the car and not let go.
- Don’t… I repeat… DON’T forget Gilbert (or your child’s version of him).
- Car ride sing-a-longs make for less hectic driving environments and precious moments.
- While we shop we play games, spell words, read packages together or
- Miss Add is the best rememberer ever… when trying not to forget something, I often ask Miss Add to remind me.