Do you love those Snowball Sandies as much as I do this time of year. They go by a lot of different names: Butterballs, Mexican Wedding Cakes, Russian Tea Cakes, etc. but however you say it, they are just darn good!
So when I saw a recipe for them in Gooseberry Patch’s Gifts from the Kitchen, I knew Miss Add and I would be whipping up a batch for Daddy’s co-workers! (Psst… have you entered to win a copy of Gifts from the Kitchen yet?)
It is amazing what a little bit (okay a lot) of butter and sugar can create… This recipe for Snowball Sandies creates a tender cookie vs. those harder store bought ones you may have had before. Puddie even had co-workers (Hi John!) tell him that they don’t like snowball cookies but they loved these!
- 1 Cup Butter- Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar- Divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Combine Butter, 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar and Vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour, salt and nuts and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Place remaining powdered sugar in a gallon sized baggie.
- Add a few warm cookies at a time to the bag and shake.
- Remove cookies and let cool. Then repeat for a second coat of sugar.
Make sure to stay in touch with both of our sites on facebook (GOODEness Gracious Facebook Community and Recipes That Crock Facebook Community) for all the festive fun and check here for our current holiday giveaways.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.