Today’s recipe is my very favorite from the new 101 Farmhouse Favorites… Skillet Chicken.
Psst… have you entered to win a copy yet?
Well go on now and I’ll wait 😉
Do…do, do,do. Do…do, do.
Back? Okay… now on to the recipe.
Start out by heating 2 T of Olive Oil in an over proof skillet. (I used my cast iron skillet.)
Meanwhile, combine 2 T Flour, 1/8 tsp each of paprika, kosher salt and black pepper.
Take 8 chicken tenders and lightly coat them in the flour mixture and then place in skillet, just browning on each side.
Once the chicken has browned on both sides, remove from the skillet.
I then took one large red onion and cut it into bite sized pieces and tossed it in the skillet with 3 cups baby yellow potatoes- again in bite sized pieces.
Cook 5 minutes, then add:
3/4 Baby Carrots (I always pre-cook mine in the microwave.)
Fresh herbs. (I added several sprigs of thyme I have growing in my AeroGarden.)
3 T Lemon Juice
And… 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth.
Return the chicken to the skillet and cover.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
The chicken was so tender and the veggies and broth were just perfect for warming up on a cold day.
My family RAVED over this recipe.
This could definitely be considered a lightened up version of fried chicken. It packs a lot of the same flavors without the fat and calories.
In fact, 1/4 of this dish is only 321 calories.
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Flour
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 Chicken Tenders
- 1 Large Red Onion- Cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 Cups Baby Yellow Potatoes- Cut into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 Cup Baby Carrots- Cooked
- Fresh Herbs to taste
- 3 T Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Heat oil in an oven proof skillet.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Lightly roll chicken in flour and add to hot skillet.
- Brown on each side and then remove from skillet.
- Add onion and potatoes to skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add remaining ingredients and add chicken back in on top.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Linked to Hunk of Meat Monday
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.