Sometimes there are moments in the kitchen that produce… well a flop.
There are two kinds of flops… a visual flop that still tastes really great and should be tried again or a full out flop where it isn’t pretty and it doesn’t taste good either…
The first time I tried to make the Rustic Peach Tart in 101 Homestyle Favorites, I flopped it… a bit too rustic 😉
But thankfully, it was a visual flop– not a total flop. It tasted fantastic… in fact, I love the filling so much I am considering using it the next time I make Peach Pie. For the first one, I rolled out pre-made pie crusts as the base… but I didn’t feel like I had enough crust… and my tart runneth over.
So the next time, I grabbed my Always Ready Pie Crust Mix and prepared 4 cups of the mix.
And rolled it out and placed it on a cookie sheet and set it aside.
Add 1 1/2 Cups Sugar to 2/3 Cup Flour…
Add 1 1/2 T Cinnamon…
Mix ‘er up and fold in 4 cups peaches.
Pour peaches in the middle of the dough.
Now fold edges of the tart over to keep the peaches inside.
Brush the edges with water and sprinkle sugar over edges.
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes and then at 350 for an additional 20- 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Still delicious… getting prettier… I think I need more practice 😉 And LOTS of exercise 🙂
Rustic Peach Tart
- 4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Peaches
- 1 1/2 T Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Cups Prepared Always Ready Pie Crust
- Roll out pie crust dough and place into a cookie sheet.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour into the center of the dough.
- Fold sides of dough up and pinch closed to keep peach mixture inside crust.
- Brush edges with water and garnish with sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and reduce heat to 350 degrees for an additional 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: Affiliate links were used in this post… and lots and lots of peaches.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.