We are finally back from vacation and tonight I decided to whip up something tasty and sweet to keep on hand while we get back on track for our Year 2 Change Challenge…
Truth be told, my pal Megan had already reminded me that it is a certain time of year again… time for her fabulous Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins… They are LEGENDARY around these parts…
— M Kuhn (@megmkuhn) October 20, 2012
However, after 10 days of little indulgences here and there on vacation, I knew I needed to find a way to satisfy that craving a little lighter this time around.
Then I stumbled upon Skinny Taste’s Pumpkin Muffin Recipe and my creative juices got to flowing and I decided to whip up a combination of sorts of the two recipes 😉
I started with two egg whites in my mixer bowl…
Added 2 T of Oil
1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin (not the pie filling)
and 1 1/2 t Vanilla– beating all that together until combined.
In a different bowl, I combined the dry ingredients… 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat White Flour, 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour, 1 t Cinnamon, 1 t Baking Soda, 1/4 t Salt, 1 t Nutmeg and 6 T Brown Sugar Blend Splenda (if you do not like Splenda, add 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar).
Once combined, I added that mixture gradually to my wet ingredients and mixed well.
Then I folded in 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
And 2 oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips which I ran my knife through to break them up into even smaller pieces.
I lined my muffin tin with paper liners and spritzed them with non-stick spray.
Then I portioned the batter evenly among the 12 cups and baked at 350 for 15 minutes.
The result was a very dense and yummy pumpkin muffin that totally did the job of settling my craving for just 150 calories a muffin.
Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Skinny Muffins
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 T Oil
- 1 1/2 t Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat White Flour
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 t Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 t Nutmeg
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 6 T Brown Sugar Splenda Blend or 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 Oz Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips- Chopped
- Beat egg whites, oil, pumpkin and vanilla together.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except pecans and chocolate) in a separate bowl and gradually add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Line a regular muffin pan with liners and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.