Taking a brief pause from Crockpot Week, I am sharing one of my favorite childhood recipes.
I always LOVED when mom would make these for get-togethers.
They are so GOODe and oh-so yummy!
I mixed together 1 lb cooked Extra Lean Ground Beef and 1lb cooked Turkey Sausage with 1/2 of a 32 oz block of Velveeta (I used 2 %)- cubed.
The cheese should melt on its own, but if it doesn’t you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it mixable.
Stir well and season with 1 t Garlic Powder and 1 T Worcestershire Sauce. (Note: You can also add 1 t Oregano, but I was out.)
Now place a loaf of cocktail rye slices on a couple cookie sheets and spoon 1 T of mixture onto each slice.
And bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
Sooo good and freezer friendly too! Just flash freeze and then transfer to a freezer bag to keep for future parties!
Don’t forget to check out the other Super Bowl recipes we are featuring today.
- 1 lb Lean Turkey Sausage- Browned/Drained
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef- Browned/Drained
- 16 oz Light Velveeta- Cubed
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t Oregano
- 1 Loaf Jewish Rye Cocktail Slices
- Combine all ingredients except bread- making sure the cheese melts (microwave for a few seconds if needed)
- Place slices on cookie sheets and scoop 1 T mixture onto each piece
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes