Taking a brief pause from Crockpot Week, I am sharing one of my favorite childhood recipes.
I always LOVED when mom would make these for get-togethers.
They are so GOODe and oh-so yummy!
I mixed together 1 lb cooked Extra Lean Ground Beef and 1lb cooked Turkey Sausage with 1/2 of a 32 oz block of Velveeta (I used 2 %)- cubed.
The cheese should melt on its own, but if it doesn’t you can pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to get it mixable.
Stir well and season with 1 t Garlic Powder and 1 T Worcestershire Sauce. (Note: You can also add 1 t Oregano, but I was out.)
Now place a loaf of cocktail rye slices on a couple cookie sheets and spoon 1 T of mixture onto each slice.
And bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
Sooo good and freezer friendly too! Just flash freeze and then transfer to a freezer bag to keep for future parties!
Don’t forget to check out the other Super Bowl recipes we are featuring today.
- 1 lb Lean Turkey Sausage- Browned/Drained
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Beef- Browned/Drained
- 16 oz Light Velveeta- Cubed
- 1 t Garlic Powder
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 t Oregano
- 1 Loaf Jewish Rye Cocktail Slices
- Combine all ingredients except bread- making sure the cheese melts (microwave for a few seconds if needed)
- Place slices on cookie sheets and scoop 1 T mixture onto each piece
- Bake at 350 for 5 minutes
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.