This fun recipe for Meatball Skewers uses frozen meatballs and fresh veggies to make these festive kabobs. They are quick to throw together and the whole family loves them!
I have been a grilling up a storm lately! Truth be told it has a lot to do with my new love for Gooseberry Patch’s Grilling and Campfires Cooking cookbook that my friends at GP sent me. It is chock-full of simple and flavorful recipes like these Meatball Skewers.
When we made them we used pineapple, red peppers, red onions and basted them in a teriyaki sauce, but you could use all kinds of different combinations of veggies and sauces with the meatballs.
I think next time we have them we will use mushrooms, zucchini and maybe even cherry tomatoes- yum! Oh, and I want to try them with BBQ sauce and dip them in Ranch Dressing afterward!
- 28 oz pkg. frozen meatballs- thawed
- 2 red bell peppers- cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups pineapple cubes
- 1 red onion- cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups teriyaki sauce or BBQ sauce
- 8-10 skewers
- Alternate meatballs and veggies on skewers (3 meatballs per skewer)
- Grill over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning them ocassionally
- Brush with sauce during the last 5 minutes.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Linked up with the Weekend Potluck.