Freezer burritos are a staple in our freezer… along with our Seasoned Ground Beef, burritos are one freezer cooking item I try to always have.
They make for a quick lunch or even dinner if need be and EVERYONE in this house loves them.
Recently we ran out and I resorted to purchasing some from the store… but it just wasn’t the same.
We MUCH prefer the homemade version.
I also tweaked the recipe a bit.
We have made Brown Bag Burritos oodles of times from a recipe we tweaked from Amy’s Finer Things, however, this time I wanted to use less red sauce and add some green sauce along with switching up the spices a bit.
We LOVED the result and this will be our new staple.
Puddie says they taste like Taco Bell’s Chili Cheese Burritos…
I say they just taste GOODe!
Addie says, “More, PLEASE!”
The recipe starts with 3 lbs of Seasoned Ground Beef… Browned ground beef, onion and garlic.
It is a science really…
Repeat oh… say… 39 times…
The paper towels help control mositure and keep you from having a soggy burrito.
I have used various brands over the past two years and generic ones don’t work as well (they stick). My favorite to use is Bounty Basics.
To reheat frozen burrito, remove foil and heat in papertowel in microwave for 90 seconds, flip and cook for 90 more seconds.
Immediately remove the paper towel and serve.
- 3 lbs Seasoned Ground Beef
- 32 oz 2 % Velveeta- Cubed
- 15 oz Can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10 oz Can Green Enchilada Sauce
- 5 15 oz Cans Fat Free Refried Beans
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Cumin
- 1 T Onion Powder
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1 T Oregano
- 40 12 inch Flour Tortilla Shells
- Paper Towels
- Combine all ingredients except flour tortillas and heat through.
- Place ¼-1/3 cup of mixture in each shell and fold into a bundle
- Wrap each bundle in paper towel and then in foil and freeze.
- To reheat frozen burrito, remove foil and heat in paper towel for 90 seconds, flip and heat for 90 more seconds.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.
Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)
So come on in and sit a spell.