Confession Time: Truth be told, when I signed on to make “Green Goddess Bacon Salad” a few weeks ago, I had no clue that “Green Goddess” was the name of a salad dressing…
Anyhoo, I was pleasantly surprised at the taste of this tangy dressing… and now that I am on my “make my own dressing” kick, I cannot wait to try some of the homemade recipes for Green Goddess Dressing I have stumbled across… they contain avocado… yum!
Back to the recipe… It can be found in Gooseberry Patch’s Fresh from the Farmstand.
Start out with 6 Cups of Baby Spinach (I used regular spinach because I was out of baby spinach)
Add 7 Hard Boiled Eggs- Sliced
12 Slices of Bacon- Chopped
3 Cups Chicken slices… I love these grilled chicken strips from Tyson.
Then add 1 Red Bell Pepper- Chopped
And last, but not least, 1 Bunch of Green Onions- chopped…
And have guests add their own dressing…
Green Goddess Bacon Salad
- 6 Cups Baby Spinach
- 12 Slices of Bacon- Chopped
- 7 Hard Boiled Eggs- Sliced
- 3 Cups Chicken Strips or Shredded Deli Chicken
- 1 Red Bell Pepper- Chopped
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions- Chopped
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Toss all ingredients except dressing. Have guests add their own dressing.