Tonight’s Goode & Gooseberry Patch Project recipe is the perfect side kick for your next Italian meal: Parmesan Bread Sticks
Take 1/3 Cup Melted Butter and spread in a 9 x 13
Then completely misread the recipe and sprinkle a minced Clove of Garlic, 2 T of Grated Parm over the Butter and add 1 t Oregano because you are out of Rosemary 😉
Now put 2 1/4 Cups Flour in a mixing bowl.
I T Sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
Now suddenly realize you messed up and put the cheese in the butter… then shrug… cheese and butter together can’t be a bad thing… just sayin’
So now add 2 T Parm to the flour too 😉
After mixin’ ‘er up a bit, pour in 1 Cup of Milk
Mix into a dough.
Knead until smooth
Roll out into 12 x 6 rectangle
Cut into 1 inch strips
Now do the twist and place into the butter mixture.
Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees
Yum! Definitely not sorry that I messed up with the parm 😉
Parmesan Bread Sticks
Yummy homemade bread stick for Italian night! Altered from Gooseberry Patch's Mom's Favorite Recipes.
- 1/3 Cup Butter Melted
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 4 T Grated Parm Divided
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1 T Sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Milk
- Spread melted butter in a 9 x13 Pan
- Sprinkle oregano, garlic and 2 Tbsp over the butter
- Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Knead until smooth and roll out into a 12 x 6 rectangle
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and twist each strip and place in butter
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.