I decided to give these puppies a test drive before making a commitment for FREEZE-O-RAMA… a blind date night so to speak… a girl can’t settle for any old burrito ya know.
I started out with 2 lbs extra lean ground beef and fried her up.
Toss in the beans and let them pose for their close-up.
Time to spice things up a bit. Add 1/3 c. dried minced onion, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 Tbsp. garlic powder,
1 tsp. Kosher salt and 1 tsp. dried oregano.
And wrapped ‘er up in a perdy little package. Watch out Taco Bell, here I come!
Then I wrapped it up in the paper towel
Brown Bag Burritos
- 2 lbs ground beef browned
- 2 small cans of refried beans
- 1 1/3 c enchilada sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1/3 c dried minced onion
- 1 t salt
- 1 t oregano
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 20 burrito sized flour shells
- 1/2 brick of Velveeta cubed
- paper towels & foil for wrapping
- Combine all ingredient except shells and heat through making sure the cheese has melted.
- Heat shells on griddle until slightly grilled.
- Place shell on 1 piece of paper towel.
- Place small amount of beans on shell.
- Wrap the burrito - tucking both sides in and then over.
- Wrap in paper towel and then in foil and freeze.
- To reheat burritos, remove foil and heat for 90 seconds, flip and heat for 90 more seconds.