I decided to give these puppies a test drive before making a commitment for FREEZE-O-RAMA… a blind date night so to speak… a girl can’t settle for any old burrito ya know.
I started out with 2 lbs extra lean ground beef and fried her up.
Toss in the beans and let them pose for their close-up.
Time to spice things up a bit. Add 1/3 c. dried minced onion, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1 Tbsp. garlic powder,
1 tsp. Kosher salt and 1 tsp. dried oregano.
And wrapped ‘er up in a perdy little package. Watch out Taco Bell, here I come!
Then I wrapped it up in the paper towel
Brown Bag Burritos
- 2 lbs ground beef browned
- 2 small cans of refried beans
- 1 1/3 c enchilada sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1/3 c dried minced onion
- 1 t salt
- 1 t oregano
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 20 burrito sized flour shells
- 1/2 brick of Velveeta cubed
- paper towels & foil for wrapping
- Combine all ingredient except shells and heat through making sure the cheese has melted.
- Heat shells on griddle until slightly grilled.
- Place shell on 1 piece of paper towel.
- Place small amount of beans on shell.
- Wrap the burrito - tucking both sides in and then over.
- Wrap in paper towel and then in foil and freeze.
- To reheat burritos, remove foil and heat for 90 seconds, flip and heat for 90 more seconds.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.