The other day when I was perusing Pinterest I came across this recipe for Peachy Keen Bars.
I immediately knew I would be making it for my dad who likes peaches ALMOST as much as he loves cream cheese.
The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of butter… but I misread it and put it a whole stick of butter…
Add to that 1 cake mix (we used vanilla).
And one egg… Then mix until crumbly
Reserve 1 1/2 Cup of Crumbs
Press the remainder into greased 9 x13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
The recipe also called for 1 (29 oz) can of sliced peaches in light syrup. I used 3 1/2 cups of fresh (frozen) peaches drained.
Now take your baked crust and spoon peaches on top of the crust. (If pieces are large, cut into bite sized pieces).
Now take 8 oz Cream Cheese (at room temperature) and put in a mixing bowl.
Add 1/3 Cup Sugar
And 1 tsp Vanilla
Mix until smooth and pour over top of the peaches
Now sprinkle reserved crumbs on top
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Now chill for at least 30 minutes.
Easy Peachy Cream Cheese Bars
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 2 Eggs Divide
- 1 Cake Mix
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Room Temp
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 3 1/3 Cups Fresh Peach Slices Cut into Bite Sized Pieces
- Mix butter, cake mix and one egg until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 Cup of Crumbs
- Take remaining crumbs and press into a greased 9 x13 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and remaining egg in electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon peaches over crust and cover with cream cheese mixture.
- Then sprinkle reserved crumbs on top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.