This yummy recipe was a favorite of Miss Add’s from the recipes I adapted from Gooseberry Patch’s Rush-Hour Recipes (Psst… Have you entered to win a copy?).
I couldn’t believe how quick it whipped right up. It is so quick and easy and I will keep this one in my back pocket for future use.
I adapted it from the Easy Garlic Chicken on page 44.
I made a few changes to match what I had in the pantry/fridge and one simple one to lighten things up.
- I didn’t have 3-4 T Savory Herb and Garlic Soup Mix… so I used 1 1/2 T Italian Dressing Mix. (Which got me thinking about how versatile this recipe could be… ranch dressing anyone?)
- I was out of Chicken Breasts, so we used Boneless Skinless Thighs and made the mixture spread on 6 pieces instead of 4.
- I used Light Miracle Whip instead of full fat mayo… Not a Miracle Whip Fan? Might try using Greek Yogurt instead.
Easy Creamy Italian Chicken
- 6 Boneless Skinless Thighs
- 1 1/2 T Italian Dressing Mix
- 1/3 Cup Light Miracle Whip
- 2 T Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread evenly on each piece.
- Bake for 20-25 Minutes- until chicken juices run clear.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
[…] we found the book’s Easy Garlic Chicken to be very versatile… we whipped up this yummy Easy Creamy Italian Chicken in a […]