As a food blogger who never really intended to become a food blogger, I have found myself often wanting to repost some of my favorite recipes… to update the image(s) or share how I have tweaked things over the years.
So I have decided to do a flash back Friday of sorts from time to time… in an effort to revamp my recipe box, especially now that I have been lightening things up a bit around here.
So I am going to start with a dish that is a staple at every holiday meal. Everyone loves it… except Aunt Lou, but she is weird ;P and we won’t talk about that 😉 (LOVE you Aunt Lou).
I switched to this recipe from Mom’s Favorite Recipes a few years ago from my family’s Spoon Bread casserole, but this year I tried to lighten it up a bit.
The results were fantastic! 68 less calories and 5.5 less grams of fat PER SERVING.
The changes I made?
- I substituted 1 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt for the Sour Cream
- I substitute 1/4 Cup Light Butter for Regular Butter
- I substituted 1/4 Cup Splenda for Sugar (Use sugar if you’d prefer or leave it out entirely)
- Optional: for a change up of taste, substitute Mexicorn for the Corn Kernels— Yum!
- Optional: Use a Brownie Pan to keep portions in control.
Taste change? Negligible.In fact, several folks commented how good it was… I almost think the Greek yogurt made it a little creamier.I am really happy with this change.
- 1 Can Corn- Drained
- 1 Can Creamed Corn
- 1 Box Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1 Cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Splenda or Sugar
- 1 Egg- Beaten
- 1/4 Cup Light Butter -Melted
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a sprayed brownie pan or 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.
4.5g Old Version:
Affiliate links were used in this post.
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions. Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:) So come on in and sit a spell.
Janet Nush says
I think you forgot the “butter ” or “light butter” in your ingredients for this recipe!
Thanks so much for catching that! I fixed it!
Janet Nush says
Your welcome!! Love your blog!! Love your recipes!!
Aww! Thanks so much!
Can I bake this spoon bread in a 8×8 square dish ? Please reply
Will this go good with a side of salmon crochets aka salmon patties aka salmon cakes?
Thank you !
I just tried corn casserole
Awesome,even my grandson loved it ,that ‘s a big deal