Are you looking for something quick and easy and sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next get-together? Look no further. My mom’s Chocolate Delight recipe will have you taking home an empty dish and wishing you had made a double batch!
When asked what my favorite dessert my mom ever made us growing up (and continues to make now) this one is definitely a top contender.
I love the buttery crust and the cream cheese filling… oh yeah and that chocolate too 😉
Truth be told, I request this dessert often at our family gatherings…
I only wish everyone didn’t like it as much as I do, ya know for left over take home purposes 😉
Oh well, probably best to spread those calories among everyone rather than taking them home and keeping them all to myself anyhow, right?
Mom makes all kinds of different versions of this delightful dessert, namely Butterscotch Delight and Fresh Strawberry Delight, but my favorite will always be the chocolate… I am nostalgic that way I suppose.
Chocolate Delight Recipe
- 1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts- plus a few more for garnish
- 1 Stick of Butter- Melted
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2- 8 oz Containers Cool Whip- Divided
- 2 Small Boxes Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 3 Cups Milk
- Combine nuts and flour and then stir in butter until crumbly.
- Press crumbles in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 375 until golden 10-15 minutes.
- Cool crust.
- Whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container of Cool Whip and spread onto cooled crust.
- Prepare pudding but reduce milk to 3 cups instead of 4 cups. Pour and spread onto of cream cheese layer.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving
I am the mama behind GOODEness Gracious and the owner of Cris Goode Solutions.Here at GOODEness Gracious, we like to keep it light and fun as we cook up family meals, share our super mommy secrets and chat it up about the GOODe life:)So come on in and sit a spell.