Now you might be wondering how on earth a “Bagel Sandwich” classifies as “Lighter Side” and that is because of these fiber packed circles of awesomeness called Bagel Thins… which give you all the yummy bagel texture and flavor (LOVE the Everything Bagel Thins) but cut out tons of the carbs/calories.
But I am getting ahead of myself. The recipe starts with a very simple marinade…
Take 1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar and add 3 t of Worcestershire Sauce.
Next pound two chicken breasts thin or in my case, 4 chicken tenders… and salt and pepper them.
Marinade your chicken for 20 minutes.
Then discover your grill isn’t working– ack!
So my trusty broiler was my back up and I have to tell you, I think I almost liked it better!
7 minutes later, juices were running clear and I had myself some beautiful chicken…
Every time I use my broiler I wonder why I don’t use it more…
Next I popped two sets of bagel thins on a cookie sheet and began assembling the sandwiches… (Note: next time I will toast the bagels first).
Bagel… then chicken…
Then roasted bell pepper… again, I had to adjust… as I was out of red peppers…
So, I stole them from this mix 😉
Top with an ounce of fresh mozzarella and broil until melted (3-5 minutes).
What a yummy way to switch up lunch!
Chicken Red Pepper Bagel Sandwiches
- 2 Bagel This
- 4 Chicken Tenderloins- Pounded thin
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 t Worcestershire Sauce
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper Slices
- 2 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- Season Chicken then marinate in Vinegar and Worcestershire Sauce for 20 minutes.
- Broil chicken for 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Toast bagel thins and then place on a cookie sheet and assemble sandwiches- Chicken then peppers then cheese.
- Broil 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
Affiliate links were used in this post.