Bacon +Cheddar+BBQ Sauce+Burgers = Heaven on a bun! These BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burgers from Gooseberry Patch’s Grilling and Campfires Cooking are incredible.
Aunt Lou here.
Michael got a great deal on a log of ground beef. Granted, usually when you get an insane deal on meat, it is a use it or freeze it situation. This was a BIG ol’ log, so we made two recipes that night. One of the recipes was for these super delicious BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burgers. Yum!
Choosing a favorite was next to impossible, but I’ve never known my husband to not pick bacon when it comes to food. So I think they got his vote.
This recipe was a snap to make and is an all-in-one bacon cheese burger. That is a win-win in my book!
BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burgers
Cook up your bacon until is crisp. Then crumble it.
Combine your crumbled bacon, ground beef (or turkey), cheddar cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl.
Mix it all together gently with your hands until it is well blended.
Form the mixture into four patties.
Place your burgers on the grill and cook over medium-high heat until your juices run clear.
When your burgers are almost done, grab your favorite bbq sauce. Brush some sauce on one side, flip the burger and brush bbq sauce on the other side. Cook until the bbq sauce is heated through.
Serve them up on hamburger buns and enjoy!
If you think this recipe looks good, you would LOVE Gooseberry Patch’s Grilling and Campfire Cooking cookbook. As I started turning the pages of this book, I became more and more excited! We have a great spring, summer and fall (well as much of it as the weather will permit ) of grilling ahead of us! I can’t wait to share the recipes with you.
Even better yet, I will be hosting a giveaway of this cookbook at the end of April! Check back here for a link once the giveaway has started.
BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burgers
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- sprinkling of salt and pepper
- favorite bbq sauce to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- Cook bacon until crisp, then crumble
- Combine crumbled bacon, ground beef (or turkey), cheddar cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Mix it all together gently with your hands until well blended
- Form the mixture into four patties
- Place burgers on the grill and cook over medium-high heat until juices run clear
- When burgers are almost done, grab your favorite bbq sauce. Brush some sauce on one side, flip the burger and brush bbq sauce on the other side. Cook until the bbq sauce is heated through
- Serve on hamburger buns
Affiliate links were used in this post.
About Aunt Lou
I'm the wife of Michael and momma of a preschooler and toddler just walking through this life step by step focusing on enjoying the little things in life. I am in awe of the many blessings big and small I receive daily from a pretty amazing God who calls me His own. Sometimes life is crazy and messy, but I am loving every minute of it. Welcome to my chaos.